Carbonia was founded in 1938 near Italy’s largest coal mine. After a decline lasting more than 40 years, the city is now a monument to civil and industrial modernist architecture. The identity design goes from the logo (seven white dots that glow in the dark like miners’ lanterns) to museum exhibition design, paper products, videos, jingles, street furniture, merchandising. In the following pages: 1. logo, 2. poster, 3. 2x2x4 m Corten steel totem and 4. folding brochure for the open air modern architecture museum. The font used for the titles was specially designed by Stefano Asili. The Carbonia project won the Council of Europe 2010-11 Landscape Award.